FEATURES OF PROTEIN OXIDATIVE MODIFICATION METABOLITES DYNAMICS IN THE RECTAL CANCER TREATMENT
The aim of research was to examine the dynamics of protein oxidative modification markers in patients with rectal cancer as indicators of radiation tissue damage. The study involved 61 patients with rectal cancer, which were divided into 3 groups according to the scheme of neoadjuvant therapy. Patients of group I received radiotherapy and radical surgery was conducted in a 4-6 weeks after, patients of group II – got radiomodification by Tegarafur, and patients of the group III – polyradiomodification using Tegafur and L-arginine during radiotherapy. Analysing protein carbonyl derivatives levels that were used as markers of protein oxidative modification (POM), it was found that the products of POM in a patients with rectal cancer are significantly increased in comparison with the conditionally healthy donors, herewith the relative prevalence of primary (aldehyde) forms of the POM is representative. It was studied that there is no connection of marker’s levels with patient’s sex and clinical features of tumor, excludind its size. Also influence of age factor on the intensity of POM was founded. The study showed changes of POM indices in a groups of patients in the different periods of treatment. This proves the importance of the POM as one of the earliest and informative indicators of radiation tissue damage and feasibility of study of POM products formation in clinical trials of patients with rectal cancer.
2. Окислительная модификация белков сыворотки крови человека. Метод её определения / Е.Е. Дубинина, С.О. Бурмистров, Д.А. Ходов, И.Г. Поротов // Вопросы мед. химии. – Т. 41, № 1. – 1995. – С. 24-26.
3. Муравлева Л.Е. Окислительная модификация белков: проблемы и перспективы исследования // Фундаментальные исследования. – 2010. – № 1. – С. 74-78.
4. Davies M.J. Singletoxygen-mediated damage to proteins and its consequences / M.J. Davies // BiochemBiophysResCommun. – 2003. – Vol. 305, N. 3. – P. 761-70.
5. ZhiyouCaia Protein Oxidative Modifications: Beneficial Roles in Disease and Health / Zhiyou Caia and Liang-Jun Yanb// J Biochem Pharmacol Res. 2013 March; 1(1): 15-26.
6. Rahmanto A.SCellular effects of peptide and protein hydroperoxides // A.S. Rahmanto, P.E. Morgan, C.L. Hawkins et al. // Free Radic Biol Med. – 2010. – Vol. 48, N. 8. – P. 1071-1078.
7. Free radical damage to proteins: the influence of the relative localization of radical generation, antioxidants, and target proteins / R.T. Dean, J.V. Hunt, A.J. Grant et al. // Free Rad. Biol. Med. – 1991. – Vol. 11, №12. – Р. 161-165.